3D printers are quite awesome to play around with. They are becoming more affordable all the time. But new ones are released all the time, making the one you just bought obsolete. That’s where the MM1 3D printer comes into play. It is a modular 3D printing system that allows you to enhance it with various modules. This 3D printing system has interchangeable extrusion heads and accessories you can use to take your game to the next level.
Users will be able to customize their 3D printer and add Wi-Fi, auto-leveling beds, heated beds, acrylic enclosed walls, and additional extruders. You get 4 extrusion systems, including a single, dual, paste, and high temperature extruder. You can use this system to print ABS and PLA as well as low temperature materials like PTE and Wood filament. Here are the specs:
- Dimensions: 49 x 37.5 x 49 cm.
- Weight: 11 Kg
- Build area: 20 x 20 x 20cm
- Filament: standard 3mm filaments
- Resolution: 20 microns
- Speed: 300mm/s
- Materials: ABS, PLA, flexible PLA, conductive material, wood-based filament, nylon, polycarbonate, chocolate, Play-Doh, ceramic, plasticine clay, …
- Windows, Mac or Linux support
- Open source software
Like what you see? You can get yours on Kickstarter.