So you want to build a powerful and reliable wireless network? You are going to need a router. Soap is not your average router. It not only has a multi-touch display but also runs Android. The device is powered by an ARM processor. The router has Zigbee, Z-Wave, Insteon, Bluetooth 4.0, RFID, and NFC built in. It ofders parental controls, virus/malware protection, and 802.11AC WiFi speeds.
As mentioned earlier, this router runs Android, so developers can enhance its capabilities. The Soap Essentials has the same features as the Soap Touch without the display. You can use it’s HDMI port, Soap app, or a second display to use it easily. The Soap Touch includes 32GB of storage as opposed to 8GB storage for the Soap Essentials. Here are the specs:
- 7” Captive touch display (1280×800)
- Freescale i.MX6 Quad Cortex A9 Quad-core processor
- 2x USB 3.0
- SD Card Expansion
- Built in Battery
- 802.11ac (5 GHz Speeds up to 1300 Mbps, 2.4 GHz Speed up to 450 Mbps)
- Priority Control Qos
- Web Filtering and Parental Controls
- Gigabit LAN x4
- Bluetooth 4.0
- VLANS, Port Forward, Port Filtering, Firewall, DMZ, QOS
- VPN, Samba Server (USB Storage/Printers)
- DLNA Streaming, UPnP
There is simply too much to like here. This cool product is on Kickstarter right now.