We have seen plenty of cool smartwatches and smart glasses lately. Want to create your own smart device? TinyScreen can help. It is a tiny customizable display that lets you get notifications from your phone, display useful information, and even play games. You get video player and video game apps to do all kinds of fun things on your TinyScreen.
With TinyScreen, you can create your own smartwatch with different watch faces. You will be able to use Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate with your iOS 7 and Android device. The developers have an open source app developed for both platforms, so you will be able to customize notifications. This product is developer friendly. You get an Arduino library that is optimized for speed and performance. The team behind this product has teamed up with CodeBender to make programming for TinyScreen even easier. With stackable TinyShields, you will be able to add sensors and all kinds of features to your creation (there are currently 25 of them available). Here are the specs:
- 96 x 64 OLED display
- Four push buttons
- SPI interface for display
- Software controllable backlight
- Expansion boards:
- sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, 9-Axis IMU, ambient light sensor
- output boards (motor drivers, audio output, displays), storage (SRAM, EEPROM, microSD card)
- communication (USB, Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, WiFi, 433MHz,802.15.4, Ethernet)
- breakout boards to connect to external sensors and circuitry.
This fascinating project is currently active on Kickstarter.