In the past few months, we have seen plenty of decent AI learning kits. The JeVois-Pro is also worth a look. It is an open source deep learning camera for those of you interested in AI programming. It comes with a Linux based programming environment for C++ or Python. Here are the specs:
- CPU: Amlogic A311D with 4x A73 @ 2.2 GHz + 2x A53 @ 1.8 GHz.
- GPU: Quad-core MALI G52 MP4 @ 800 MHz.
- NPU: 5-TOPS integrated Neural Processing Unit.
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4-3200.
- Camera: 2MP Sony IMX290 back-illuminated Starvis sensor, 1/2.8”, 12mm lens, 1920×1080 at up to 120fps, rolling shutter, wide dynamic range support.
- IMU: TDK InvenSense ICM-20948 with 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyro, 3-axis compass, SPI bus @ 7 MHz, can be synchronized with camera sensor.
- Python 3.8 + numpy + scipy pre-installed.
- Boost, Eigen, ImGui, glm, and other C++ libraries pre-installed
This camera comes with over 30 machine vision modules. It is ideal for robots, autonomous cars, and drones. Expected to ship in September. You can find out more about it here.