Meet the KettleCharge: an awesome charger that uses heat from the water you boil to generate energy for your gadgets. Unlike solar and wind chargers, you can use the KettleCharge at any time. At 10 watts, this charger is capable of charging your USB devices as fast as a wall outlet. In fact, after 15 minutes of charging, you will have hours of talk time on your smartphone.
The KettleCharge works on a wide range of stoves. It has a heat resistant flexible USB extender too. Want to use it to charge your tablet? No problem. Here are the specs:
- Weight: 2 lbs (32 oz)/ 907 g
- Battery: Safe lithium iron phosphate (LiFeP04), 1250mAh
- Height: Handle folded: 2.91″ (7.4 cm)
- Charging Time: 15 min charge = 5 hours talk, 5 hours video, 20 hours of audio
- Build: Stainless steel, aluminum, high-temperature plastic
BioLite’s KettleCharge sets you back $149.95 at this time. It will ship in October.