Meet the HP Sprout: an innovative PC with 3D scanning and a capacitive touch mat to let your creativity fly. The device features a 23″ diagonal display and a 20 point capacitive touch mat to provide you with an immersive multi-touch experience. You can use it to scan things quickly and take advantage of its apps to create fun things. Here is what Ron Coughlin, senior vice president of Consumer PC & Solutions at HP, had to say about it:
We live in a 3D world, but today we create in a 2D world on existing devices … Sprout by HP is a big step forward in reimagining the boundaries of how we create and engage with technology to allow users to move seamlessly from thought to expression.
The machine takes advantage of a scanner, hi-resolution camera, and a projector to allow you to merge physical objects into your digital world. Here is what you need to know about it:
- Operating System: Windows 8.1
- HP Illuminator: HD Camera with up to 14.6 MP resolution and the Intel RealSense 3D Camera + Desk lamp
- Touch Mat: 20″ diagonal, 20-point touch-enabled touch mat
- Stylus: Adonit Jot Pro stylus
- Processor: 4th generation Intel® Core i7-4790S Processor
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 745A with 2GB DDR3 dedicated memory
- Display: 23″ diagonal, 10-point touch-enabled, Full HD (1920×1080)
- Memory : 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 SDRAM (expandable to 16GB)
- HDD: 1 TB SATA 6G Solid State Hybrid Drive
- Webcam: 1MP Webcam
- Wireless: 10/100/1000 Base-T Network, Bluetooth® 4.0, Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n featuring Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO technology
It will be interesting to see what developers will come up for this computer. What do you think? Are you impressed?