We have seen a bunch of awesome smartwatches in the past. What if you want to keep your existing analog watch? The T-band can help. It is an elegant smart wearable device that turns your regular watch into a smartwatch. It has replaceable adapters, allowing you to connect your T-band to all kinds of watches and bands. It also has sensors to measure your health and monitor your sleep/activity.
The T-band will be offered in 3 models: ND, HD, and OD. The ND version does not have a display but offers a longer battery life (7+ days). It will still have 9-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, compass and optical sensor, and more. The device will still notify you when you have a new message. The T-band HD and OD will have a hidden display and a PMOLED display respectively. The OD model has an ARM Cortex-M4 processor with Dual mode Bluetooth Classic and BLE.
Here is a summary of what you get:
- KAIROS OS: compatible with iOS/Android, and Microsoft devices.
- Push alerts from your favorite apps
- Adapters for different watches
- Remote control for your smart devices and vehicle
- Fitness and sleep tracking + Google Fit, Apple Healthkit, Microsoft Health support
The T-band certainly looks like an interesting device. It will be interesting to see how it really performs in the real world. You can find out more about it on Indiegogo.