Meet the DJI Inspire 1 Quadcopter: an advanced all-in-one aerial filmmaking system for the pros. It has a sleek, lightweight aerodynamic body. You get a smart flight controller, powerful motors, and large propellers. The drone has strong carbon-fiber arms, which raise up during flight to give you a 360-degree view from the built-in stabilized camera. The camera can shoot 4K video at 24, 25, and 30 frames per second. It can also capture 12 MP still photos. The camera is detachable, so you can upgrade your device in the future.
The Inspire 1 includes DJI’s 3-axis gimbal tech for camerae stabilization. The camera rotates 360° and tilts up/down 125°. There is also a new optical flow positioning system that relies on downward-facing sensors to stabilize the drone when it is close to the ground. You can fly your Inspire 1 indoors. The controller makes handling your drone easily. You can rely on DJI Lightbridge technology to see what you are shooting in HD at a range of over 1 km.
The Inspire 1 has a mobile app that lets you change camera settings and take advantage of the full manual mode. You can use a second controller to take your videos to the next level. Here is a summary of what you get:
- Resolution: 4K video and 12MP stills
- Cam Stabilization: 3-axis gimbal
- Range: 1.2 mile radio range
- Stabilization System: GPS
- Indoor flying: Optical Flow Sensor for indoor flying
- Lightbridge: live 720p HD monitoring
- Arms: retractable carbon fiber arms
- Dual transmitter operation: supported
- Battery: automated charging with overall health and battery status
- App: manual camera controls, flight telemetry, other settings
The device will start shipping on December 1, 2014. What do you think? Are you impressed?