So you want a system that can last you in extreme conditions? The MilPAC III could be just what you need. It is a portable machine for C4ISR / C5ISR, GIS and Geospacial applications. It has a rugged aluminum and composite construction and thermostatic convection cooling and airflow systems. The system is quiet though.
Here are the specs:
- 3 x 17.3″ HD displays
- 5760 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM in 8 banks of 4GB/bank
- 500GB 2.5″ SATA HDD
- Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme
- Graphics: up to Nvidia Quadro K6000
- SD/HD video capture inputs
- 4 x USB 3.0
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
- expandable to 9-display 3 x 3 configuration
This rugged machine is not for everyone but is powerful and quiet. An Intel Xeon option is also available. As you can guess, it won’t be cheap.