Virtual reality headsets keep getting better all the time. The Totem happens to be one of the most impressive virtual reality headsets yet. You can connect it to any HDMI source to play side-by-side 3D videos or games. It has a full HD resolution OLED display and a wide FoV in addition to onboard cameras and built-in acceleration. Its internal on-board cameras give you freedom to get a more immersive virtual reality experience.
What’s neat is you can switch between virtual reality and real world easily fast. The device features low latency and is compatible with a variety of devices and platforms. You also get a binaural surround sound. Here is a summary of what you get:
- Display: 1080p
- Field of View (FOV): 90 degrees
- Cameras: Onboard cameras – M12 camera lenses with 130 degrees horizontal FOV
- Sensors:2 cameras 120hz 1080p, 3 axis 1kHz gyroscope, 3 axis 4kHz accelerometer, 3 axis magnetometer
- Audio: 2x 3.5 mm jacks, Binaural Surround sound
- Controls: USB Mouse, Xbox, PS, Up/Down/Base view.
- Size: 6.6″ x 4.4″ x 5.4″
- Weight: 400 g (estimated)
- Platforms: PC (Windows, Mac, Linux), PS, Xbox
Like what you see? You can find out more information about this project on Kickstarter.