There are a number of decent digital smartwatches on the market. The VELDT SERENDIPITY looks more like an analog watch, but it does have LEDs to help you keep up with your notifications. It has a stainless steel front body and a ring of LED lights, called the Vivid Loop, embedded into its face. A curved sapphire crystal cover shields your watch from the elements.
The “Vivid Loop” LED display syncs with your smartphone and provide you with useful information such as incoming messages, schedules, and more. Activity tracking function is built-in. The watch has short-cut buttons to make your life easier. The companion app, VELDT Life Assist, makes it easier to configure your watch. If you live in Tokyo, you can hail a cab with your smartwatch (how cool is that?).
Here is what you need to know about these watches:
- Stainless-steel, Antibacterial plastics, Sapphire glass, Genuine leather strap
- 96 x 16 pixel OLED display
- Weight : 74g
- Battery life : Approximately 4 years
- IPX7 waterproof
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Activity Tracking, Notifications, LED synced services such as schedule display and weather forecast
- VELDT SERENDIPITY MODEL R: 148,000JPY, MODEL C: 78,000JPY
- iOS 7 support
We would love to see Android supported in the future. The watch looks quite impressive though.