The iPad is a pretty awesome tablet. But it does not run regular OS X applications. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could turn your MacBook laptop into a tablet? That is not easy to do. But with the Modbook, you have an option available to you. This 15.4 inch Mac tablet also works as a regular laptop. The folks behind it disassemble regular MacBook Pro units and turn them into a a 15.4- inch pen tablet-style ModBook Pro X.
The Modbook Pro X gives you more flexibility when working but will run your Mac apps with no issues. You get a pen to interact with your device, screen rotation, and a stylish computer. The optional rear Keybars can help you run commands and shortcuts more easily. This feature is fully programmable, which is a plus.
The Modbook Pro X can easily replace your laptop. Here are the specs:
- up to a 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
- up to 32GB of RAM
- Intel Iris Pro GPU with optional additional NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M GPU
- 4-lane PCIe connection
- up to 2TB of modular PCIe-based internal flash storage
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, two USB 3 ports, one SDXC slot, one HDMI port and two Thunderbolt 2 ports.
- Sensitive pen with 2,048 pen pressure levels as well as pen tilt and rotate functionality
- Accessories: VESA swivel mount, programmable Studio Pen, flexible desk stand, 3 year warranty
Like what you see here? You can support the Modbook Pro X project on Kickstarter.